After an initial discussion via phone or email, wesellbloodstock.com will make a judgement as to whether your horse will suit the sales platform. If it is deemed that your horse is an interesting sales proposition then the vendor will be required to sign the vendor terms of business contract* and will be asked for a non-refundable deposit of £950.00 plus VAT to cover photos, video, pedigree page download and preliminary vet report (x-rays and scope). The preliminary vet report will be administered by a reputable vet practice. All horses listed on our platform must undergo the preliminary vet report and will only be listed if the results are satisfactory.
If your horse is trained outside of Newmarket, Lambourn or Malton there will be an appropriate mileage cost charged depending on location – this will be confirmed to you before the deposit payment is taken. We welcome horses for sale from Ireland, France and Germany and costs will be calculated on a case-by-case basis.
The preliminary vet report of the horses is of great advantage to both you, the vendor, and the purchaser. As a vendor, it allows both you and us to know whether your horse has a good chance of selling and where he/she can be marketed.
As a buyer, having a preliminary vet report in place will give you a strong indication of whether a horse listed will suit you or your clients needs. Wesellbloodstock.com encourages and recommends that prospective purchasers both physically inspect and seek a full vetting in respect of any horses that they make an accepted offer on.
Once payment is received the vet report and photo/video process will be organised by wesellbloodstock.com and we will endeavour to have the results within 5 working days of receiving your deposit. Any horse that has significant veterinary issues and their value is thus deemed to be below £50,000 will not be listed with wesellbloodstock.com – we are committed to only selling the highest quality racehorses.
With all the information collected there will be a discussion between wesellbloodstock.com and the vendor to decide what price to list the horse at and once this has been agreed the horse will go live on the wesellbloodstock.com website.
Wesellbloodstock.com will then pro-actively market your horse by directly contacting prospective purchasers and by social media advertising.
Wesellbloodstock.com will handle all enquiries as an independent sales agent with the vendor’s best interests at heart.
*The vendor terms of business contract will be between wesellbloodstock.com and the vendor and will outline the services offered and payments required. The terms of engagement for horses-in-training will contract the vendor into selling with wesellbloodstock.com for 21 days from the day the horse goes live on the website. During this time the horse-in-training can be trained but must not race. The contract will also outline the details of the sales commissions due on sales to include 2.5% commission payable to wesellbloodstock.com.
- £950.00 plus VAT deposit to cover preliminary vet report, photos, video and pedigree page download.
- If your horse is based in the UK but outside of Newmarket, Lambourn or Malton then appropriate mileage will be charged at £0.45ppm.
- We welcome horses for sale from Ireland, France and Germany and the charges will be calculated on a case by case basis.
- Wesellbloodstock.com will charge the vendor a 2.5% sales commission plus VAT once the sale is completed. Of this 2.5%, wesellbloodstock.com will donate 10% to British Horseracing’s official charity for the welfare of horses that have retired from racing, the Retraining Of Racehorses (ROR).
Benefits to vendors –
- You get to sell at the right time, not waiting for the next public auction sale.
- Honest, independent sales advice.
- Pro-active selling – wesellbloodstock.com will actively try to find potential purchasers.
- No hassle – wesellbloodstock.com will handle all enquiries.
- No wasted time – preliminary vet report will ensure you won’t waste valuable racing time.
- Even if your horse encounters issues from the preliminary vet report which stops a potential sale, you and your trainer will have better information to facilitate your horse’s management.
- 1-2-1 personal, sales advice and service.
- Part of your sales commission will be donated to Retraining Of Racehorses.